Friday, August 29, 2008

Rub a Dub Dub My Bum's in a Tub!


Poor little baby Robert has his first case of diaper rash, so last night he had a bum soak followed by an air dry session and finally some Triple Paste. I think he was surprised to be getting a bath in the living room in front of the TV. How decadent! The rash seemed better this morning, so we'll do a few more repeat sessions to see if it clears up. Hopefully he'll get over it and won't be one of those constant diaper rash babies. It looks so painful!
He's still growing, but he did slow down this week. He's up to 12 pounds 1 ounce, which is still pretty big for a one month old baby! He's sleeping well at night--at least 4 hours at a time. The other night he surprised me, though, by sleeping almost six hours straight! We haven't had a repeat of that unfortunately.
I'm figuring out this mother/housewife career and getting better at it each day. Robert is pretty content to be carried around in the wrap between feedings, which allows me to move around hands-free. So far I've been able to get one big task done each day, like vacuuming/dusting/doing dishes, laundry, announcements, thank you notes, etc. Today we're going to attempt a trip to the grocery store!
Robert is now informing me that it's time for a feeding, so gotta go.
Check the picture albums!

No comments: