Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Highlights



Haven't had a chance to really blog much about our Christmas holiday. Christmas Eve was kinda rocky. It was my first as a priest's wife. It was lonely out there in the congregation by myself with the children. We didn't make it past the Prelude, either, since both children started melting down. I took the children home and at least took their pictures since they were all dressed up. It was a sad evening. Rob did come home between the 5p.m. and the 9p.m. services to help me get them to bed. He came home again around 12:30 that night to find Lillian and me passed out in front of White Christmas. I think it's going to take a while to get used to Rob working on big family holidays. I tried to think about Mary and Joseph and the celebration of Jesus' birth, but I was still lonely.
It all picked up the next day when Rob's parents arrived and really helped the celebration get started. We had a great few days with them, and it turned out to be a family filled holiday after all.

No comments: