Saturday, September 5, 2009

Notes about Baby Robert









        • He started Toddler Gym, a class for 1-2 year olds that introduces them to following directions, playing games, and group play. Yes, he's way too young for it and cannot grasp any of the activities. He had about a thousand meltdowns throughout the 30 min. class. I'm going to try it once more and let him just play with the gym toys (balls, hoops, bowling game, etc.) and watch the other kids without trying to get him to do each activity.

        • He's started holding his hands up and looking around when you ask him any questions, as if to say "I don't know!" It's super cute.

        • He dances to any unknown sound that could be construed as music. I busted him grooving to that annoying beep sound that comes on TV when the station is doing a test.

        • He blows bubbles in the tub, though somtimes sucks in when he means to blow out and almost chokes to death on water.

        • He can climb the stairs with super hero speed.

        • He hits and bites. Well, he does, and I thought I'd just be honest about it. We're working on it but would appreciate your prayers. It's probably just a phase. Right?

        • Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, he throws tantrums and screams until he's blue in the lips. Prayers please.

        • His only experience of "juice" is V8, and he likes it!

        • He's still obsessed with sports balls.

        • He actually asked for a specific food (crackers) yesterday using sign language.

        • Just today he learned from Aidan how to safely get down off the curb by sitting down first.

        • He hugs us around the neck and shows his love by resting his head on our shoulders and sucking his thumb. And as a special bonus for me, he reaches his hand up and plays with my hair.

        • He got a new high chair with a bigger tray in an attempt to allow him to move his food around without having to throw it over the side onto the floor. I'd say it's about a 20% success rate so far.

        Oh, I could go on and on, but I won't.


        Love to all!

        No comments: