Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Day of School!

Robert's angel just had to be in the picture. No matter how many I took at different angles, this streak of light would not leave!

He picked out his outfit. He wanted green so his teacher would know it was his favorite color!


Daddy came downstairs from an early morning meeting to come in with Robert on his first day of school!



Well, I made it through the first day of school! He is attending Children's House of Galilee (a Montessori school at our church). I wasn't at all worried about Robert. Of course, he had no problems at all. It was just hard on Mom to let him go. I did well, thanks to lots of moms and kids around to keep me from losing it. I didn't want to embarrass myself! Rob also scheduled a prayer appointment for me directly after dropping him off--and that really helped a lot. Lillian and I then went for a quick handbell practice, a nice walk, a smoothie, and a walk at the oceanfront. Keeping busy really helped me make it to 11 for early pickup. Usually school will be from 8:45 to 12:15, Tues.-Fri. (we're opting to take Mon. off so we can all be together on Daddy's day off) but for the first few days, the newbies only go til 11.


Robert seemed to have fun. Here are a few things he said about his first day:


"My favorite thing at school today was the puzzles. What was your favorite, Mom?"


"All the kids were naughty." "They kept taking down stuff they weren't allowed to touch. Grownup toys."


"They didn't say welcome to me. Oh wait, they did welcome me."


"The lights went out." "Miss Jackie made them go out." "To remind the kids to keep it quiet." "I reminded my own self to keep quiet."


That's all I could get out of him so far. I'm sure more will come in time. He drew a green picture today and his teacher noticed he was left-handed. Just like Unka Davey!


Here's to a great school year for my Big Boy Robert. May God bless Him, teach Him, and shine His light through him each and every day!

1 comment:

Kak said...

Time only starts flying faster from here on out!! Love his comments! Hang in there, Julie. It won't be long before you won't be able to believe how quickly 12:15 gets here each day!! Love you all!