Friday, November 19, 2010

Lillian is 3 Months Old!


Our sweet Lillian Grace had her 3 month old checkup today and weighed in at 15 lbs. 25 1/2 inches. She grew 2 lbs. and about 1 1/2 inches in a month. Yay! I don't know how because it seems like she never eats! However, I think it's just that I don't notice her eating as much because when she needs to eat I just feed her and go about my business with the housework or Robert or whatever. I don't have a whole lot of time to think about it like I did with Robert. I hate those questions the nurse always asks when you first get to the doctor for a well baby checkup. "How often does the baby eat?" "How many minutes on each side?" "How many bowel movements and wet diapers a day?" "Can she put her hands together?" "Can she follow an object with her eyes?" "Can she hold up her head?" With Robert, I could answer each question honestly and accurately. I had actually counted his feedings and outputs, measured the time and tried all the baby calisthenics. With Lillian, bless her heart, I wanted to say to the nurse, "Listen lady, she's alive and growing. That's about all I vouch for at this point!" I didn't say that, though. I just made up some answers and said she could do all those things which I've never actually noticed her doing before but I'm sure she probably could do. I told myself that I'd check on them as soon as we got home. Yeah right. I got home, chatted with the friend who was watching Robert, helped him paint a picture, cooked lunch, ate lunch, cleaned up lunch, played with Robert, put him to bed, and I think fed Lillian, gave her some Tylenol (she got a shot), and changed her diaper. I haven't gotten around to checking whether or not she could follow an object 180 degrees, yet. She probably can. Maybe I'll go check...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Robert. He looks so miserable. I always got very upset when it came to allergies. I have heard of cases, especially with little ones, where the swelling very quickly hit thier throat and they couldn't breath and it just happened that fast. I know you think that it couldn't happen to me though...maybe as you get older you have just had that much more experience and realize how fragile life is. I think God is really worked over time looking after young parents. When I think of some of the things I did with our kids and how dangerous those things were...Oh my gosh...some time I will tell you of some of those things. It will make your hair curl!!!I love you very much Julie and I think the kids are adorable. Please hug them for me and tell them a little about Gram cause I want them to know that I love them also.