Saturday, May 3, 2008

Women of Nashotah House Baby Shower

This past Monday The Women of Nashotah House hosted a baby shower for 5 of the 6 pregnant women on campus. It was a wild night of crafting to make a special gift for each baby. The moms had a choice of a picture album where the women each decorated a page in the album OR a crib mobile where the women decorated the different shapes that hang from the mobile. I chose the mobile because the mobiles from the previous two showers this year turned out so cute, and the moms say their babies love to look at them. I don't have a picture of it, yet, because they had to wait to assemble it until the paint on the shapes dried. I'll put a picture up as soon as I get it. I just know Robert's going to love it! On top of the fun crafts and good food at the shower, everyone donated money to buy each mom a gift certificate for her favorite store. It was a generous donation that will come in very handy for all of my many Babies R Us purchases. It was a really special night and an affirmation of how truly blessed this place is! Check out the album to the left for more pictures.

No comments: