Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Baby's First Picture

Baby Kunes makes his/her first debut! If this picture looks like a blob to you, then you're right on target. This was taken on my first visit to the doctor--Dec. 6. The doctor could see all kinds of details--arm buds, a tail, a heart, a spinal cord, a brain. She pointed them out to me, and, well, I smiled and tried to act really excited about what I WASN'T seeing! I did see the flashing light, which the doctor said was the heart beating.

If I'm being honest, this first ultrasound experience was anticlimactic. I thought I would tear up at the mere sight of my little bundle of cells. But really, it was kind of like chemistry class where everyone but me could make sense out of those weird cell diagrams and models. It was WAY too scientific. I'm hoping that this experience has no bearing whatsoever on my motherly instinct! Maybe when it starts looking like a real baby and not some science experiment I'll get that weepy, motherly feeling. If not, I'm going to have to come up with some sort of sappy story to tell this poor child one day when he/she asks how I felt when I saw him/her for the first time. I may not be able to imagine how a cell blob looks like a baby, but I can make up some stories with the best of 'em!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie
Just tell our little one that God saw him first and that will take care of it! :) Thanks for the picture and continued updates. We are SO excited. Love to all three of you, Marsha

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am thrilled for you and Rob AND Noel and Bob, even though Noel didn't call me!!!! What a wonderful experience you have in store.

Much love,
Donna Croft

Anonymous said...

Yaaay, Julie and Rob!!!!!!!!!! You've got WONDERFUL times ahead of you. Can't wait to hear updates!

-Frank, Nicole, and Abbey